Monday, February 08, 2010

Fishing with Grandpa

Nels took Maddy down to the Norquist Clan fishhouse - the Taj Mahal of all fishhouses - to see if my dad was catching anything Friday. This fishhouse, which is owned by my husband, his two brothers and their cousin, is huge. It has a stove, Lazy Boy recliner, couch, CD player and speakers, etc.

Maddy had so much fun! She loved holding the fishing pole and got mad when anyway tried to take it away, I guess. Plus, she liked playing with the minnow bucket, swirling the scoop around the bucket. Nels had to take it away when she tried to lick the scoop...so gross.

But my little girlie had lots of fun with her grandpa and daddy and I know she'll be hanging out in the fishhouse with them for many years to come!



2 comments:

jillg said...

Way too cute!!! I'll bet your dad loves loves those pictures!

Newzmomma said...

Thanks, Jill! Yes, he did, and my mom really did, too. So much so she asked me to submit one of the pix to the Dispatch's Neighbors section's "All in the Family," where any readers can submit cute family pix. So watch for Maddy fishing with grandpa in next Wednesday's paper. :)