Thursday, February 25, 2010

It's shaping up to be a great week

So I was asked this week by my editor if I'd like to become editor of HealthWatch, our quarterly health magazine - and I jumped at the chance.

I'm starting to get pretty excited about it, actually. I don't have much layout experience, but I'm thrilled to get the chance to learn more. I have been writing for HW for years and I do enjoy writing health-related features. Actually, in a former life I think I was a doctor because, thanks to my buddy, Mr. Google and his nurse, Ms. WebMD, I love, love, LOVE diagnosing people and their various ailments.

I've decided to "go green" for my inaugural edition, featuring environmentally-friendly health-related stories. Should be fun.

And today I found out I won a cool children's book from Frantic Mommy. 

Awesome.

1 comment:

Sweet Mary Sunshine said...

Congratulations to you! How fun!

I would consider myself to be on the healthier end of things in terms of exploring "untraditional" medicine. I've found some tricks that my MDs roll their eyes at, but they do work. If you ever want to visit about any of it, just holler.