Monday, June 09, 2008

Warning: Spoiler Ahead!!


We had our ultrasound today. It became even more exciting when at 8:50 a.m. I looked at the informational sheet from the doctor's office and realized my appointment was at 9 a.m., not 9:30 a.m. like I thought. I panicked, called the radiology dept and told them I'd be late. They said I could only be as late as 9:15 a.m. (I live about 20 minutes away.) so Nels hopped in the shower and I sprinted to my car, carrying a large glass of water to drink along the way so my bladder was adequately full.

I got about 2 blocks when I knocked the water over, spilling it all down my pant leg. Fabulous. Raced to town and got to the Radiology Dept. about 9:17 a.m. or so, which turned out fine. Nels even got there before I was called in from the waiting room.

The baby was very active, jumping all over the place. So far everything looks great. We have one long-legged kid, a future track star.

And while the technician said she can't say with 100 percent certainty, there was definitely no man business shown on the ultrasound. Meaning, we're having a little GIRL. :) You can see her performing some ballerina moves in the ultrasound above. Erika was so excited and Nels said he's happy about having a girl. He told me that girls can go fishing, too. He's going to be a great dad and Erika's going to be a protective big sister.

Life is good...at least until this little one reaches her teen years. I've experienced that teenage girl drama (twice, really) and it's frightening every time.

2 comments:

Sweet Mary Sunshine said...

Hooray! Congratulations! Girls are so much fun!

Newzmomma said...

Thanks! :) I'm very excited. I would have been happy having a boy, too, but there is so much more cute baby girl stuff out there, isn't there?