Monday, June 16, 2008

To dye or not to dye ...

I had my second doctor's appointment today. Everything is looking great, the baby's heartbeat is fine, my blood pressure is fine, etc. We went over the ultrasound results and everything is right on track and the baby is healthy, no abnormalities, etc.

While the ultrasound indicated my due date is more like Oct. 22 (our third wedding anniversary!!) my doctor decided to stick with Oct. 31 as a due date but said it's likely the baby will be arriving before that anyway.

I asked if I could FINALLY color my hair and he said it would be fine...but since Nels has big issues with this ("Why take the chance?" - He always tells me when I complain about my spreading gray hair) I asked if there was even the SMALLEST chance it would affect the baby... and my doctor said only if I drink the hair dye ... and I don't plan on it.

My next appointment is the end of July, after we return from Canada. I asked my OB/GYN if I could spend a week in the wilds of Canada and he said only if we bring him with fishing. I said sure.

Nels would probably enjoy fishing more with our doctor than his whiny 6-month-pregnant wife who'll have to take many pit stops to pee.

2 comments:

Sweet Mary Sunshine said...

The real question is - if you dye silently - will Nels even notice?

I chopped four inches off at my last appointment and even when I asked Dan how he liked my new do, he said it didn't look any different. Go figure.

Newzmomma said...

You are so right...he probably won't even notice. :)

I'll try to do that next week.