Friday, January 26, 2007

We're so great, we're so fine ...

... We're the Class of '89!"

I'm meeting up with my high school friends in a couple of weeks at our 20th annual Christmas party. We've been celebrating with our own girls' Christmas party since we were 15.

Christmas in February, you may ask. Well, now that many of us are married, have kids, busy jobs, etc., it's tough to meet around the holidays. January/February seems to work out the best.

Anyway, I stumbled upon our high school fight song on our high school Web site so I thought I'd pass it along for my '80s chicas so we can sing it when we're downing margaritas.

Here it is:

Pequot Lakes Patriots School Song

We’re loyal to you Pequot High

We’re red, white, and blue, Pequot High

We’ll back you to stand

Against the best in the land,

For we know you will stand, Pequot High

Rah, Rah!

So smash those blockades Pequot High

Go crashing ahead Pequot High

Our team is the famed protector

On team for we expect a Victory

from you, Pequot High

V-I-C-T-O-R-Y

Yea, Patriots Fight

So smash those blockades Pequot High!

Go crashing ahead Pequot High!

Our team is the famed Protector,

On team, for we expect a Victory

from you Pequot High.

No comments: