Thursday, May 22, 2008

Where's Waldo??

So I snatched away Erika's yearbook a couple of nights ago so I could check out her and her classmates and even several of my own former classmates' children. At least one is (gasp!) graduating from high school this spring.

Imagine my surprise when I saw Erika in the group photo for the Mock Trial team...she also was featured in a Mock Trial photo on that page. The cutline said something about her doing some research. Well, Erika only went to Mock Trial once. She thought it was boring (she thought the case would be more like Law & Order SVU or something exciting) so she quit the team after just going to the first practice.

Then I find my daughter sitting with some friends on the Art Club page. Yep, she's not a member of the Art Club either. She later told me she was just visiting her friends during the club meeting after school one day and they snapped a photo of her.

Oh, and she was featured in a photo on the Spanish Club page, too, and while she takes a Spanish class, she says she's not in the Spanish Club. She also was on the choir page, which makes sense since she's a member of the choir.

I found all this quite hilarious. I told her this has to be her goal each year during high school — trying to sneak into every group photo so as to take up as much real estate in the yearbook as possible.

That's my girl.

On a baby note, everything is going just fine. I'm feeling a lot better than the first trimester and I'm starting to feel the baby move more and more each day. He/she loved watching American Idol this week. I'm hoping this means he/she will be a musical kid.

1 comment:

Sweet Mary Sunshine said...

Hi,

I've tagged you. Visit my blog to see what to do next. http://sweetmarysunshine.blogspot.com/2008/05/ive-tagged-myself.html