Thursday, April 17, 2008

(Garage) sailing into summer

It was so beautiful today that there was no way my co-worker, Heidi, and I could stay at work. She got off early and I took a long lunch break and we went to three garage sales, along with her 3-month-old son, Jonah.

While the garage sale season isn't quite into full swing yet, it has picked up this week. I found some great things and only spent about $7. I got two baby sleepers, a huge pack of baby toys and rattles, a baby water floatie thing (Heidi and I got matching ones, for Jonah and my baby!) and my best bargain was an entire four-piece crib bedding set (Classic Winnie the Pooh) for $5. What a bargain. It's so cute and I have been thinking about decorating the baby's room in Classic Pooh anyway. (Erika's nursery was all Winnie the Pooh stuff too but not Classic Pooh.)

Heidi and I are going to take a long lunch break tomorrow and hit a couple more baby-related garage sales. It's fun when you can find great deals on cute stuff and even more fun when you're finding them with a friend!

No comments: