Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Before you go out with him ...

The cops and courts reporter I work with shared a nifty little Internet tool with me today and I thought I'd share it with my single friends navigating through the dating scene.

Anyone can conduct online public criminal history record checks in Minnesota through the Minnesota Department of Public Safety Web site for free. All you need is the person's full name and date of birth. (Scroll down to the link "MN Public Criminal History Record Search" on the main page.)

The Web site contains public data maintained by the MN Bureau of Criminal Apprehension and includes criminal convictions for 15 years following the completion of the sentence. It includes: the offense, court of conviction, date of the conviction and sentence information.

So before meeting him for a drink, ask for his full name and date of birth.

And why not Google him while you're at it.

Happy searching!

No comments: