Sunday, September 24, 2006

An example of why Nels and I need a baby

How cute is Daisy in her new Halloween costume? She looks thrilled doesn't she? You can't see it in the photo, but our two cats were sitting behind me, mocking her as I snapped away.

A friend at work last week brought in a photograph of her dog dressed up in her pajamas (Yep, you know who you are, avid blog reader you) and I teased her about how she needs more to do in her life.

Well, apparently I do too. Erika and I went to Target today and we thought this was the greatest dog costume and therefore we needed to buy it. Nels hasn't seen it yet, but we're going to have our barking pumpkin greet him at the door when he comes home from work tonight.

I can't wait.

3 comments:

Newzmomma said...

Jen, don't ruin the surprise for the family Christmas newsletter! :)

Sweet Mary Sunshine said...

You're such a nut. Leno would have a heart attack if he saw this photo. Personally, I think it's great! Let's see if this interesting form of logic results in a little Nels running around the house. : )

Newzmomma said...

Ha! Good idea. You're so thrifty, Jen. I would just need to buy some doggie ears to poke through the little pumpkin cap to fill in the hat holes for the future little Nels. :)

Nels found it "disturbing" when I told Daisy to "go show her new Halloween costume to Daddy" the other night so I'm not sure if this tactic will work. I'd better try something else. :)