Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Cutest couple ever


My grandparents, Les and Vonnie Tweed, will be celebrating their 60th wedding anniversary on Aug. 31.

I mention this now because I'm hoping I have a sizable worldwide Tweed cousin following on this blog (who else is going to read my ramblings but family???) and I just wanted to remind them so they can call or send a card. I think a small family gathering is being planned in their honor. Ask Aunt Shari.

Their wedding photo and anniversary announcement will be in the Dispatch and Echo in a couple of weeks (Shhhh...don't tell them. It's a surprise.) but I wanted to upload their photo so you could see what a couple of hotties they were. :) Grandma was 17, a child bride, when she got married and Grandpa had returned from serving in the South Pacific in the Navy during WWII. She's now 77 and he's 82.

Did we inherit some great genes or what??

1 comment:

Sweet Mary Sunshine said...

You look so much like your aunt! Wow - and you're right - they really are a good lookin' couple.